Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children
Fei Yue Community Services had been appointed by The Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) and Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) to run the Early Intervention Programme for Infants and Children (EIPIC). Our EIPIC programme is specially designed to serve children from birth to 6 years old who are assessed to be at risk of developmental, intellectual, sensory or physical learning needs.
Screening is conducted within an hour by a team of professionals, including a Social Worker, Teacher(s) and/or a Therapist. The assessment will focus on the child’s self-help skills, cognitive skills, communication skills, social skills, and fine and gross motor skills, to determine the most suitable placement for the child in the centre.
The intervention approach at Fei Yue EIPIC is a combined use of principles from Activity-Based Intervention (ABI), Structured Teaching (TEACCH) and Routine Based Intervention (RBI). We also practice Family-Centred and Transdiciplinary approaches to engage, educate, and collaborate with the families of our children.
Each child will receive an Integrated Therapy and Education Plan (ITEP) that contains the assessment notes and intervention goals for the child. Planned interventions are done to increase the child’s emerging skills, and at the end of the ITEP period, each child will also receive an Integrated Therapy and Education Report (ITER) that contains the evaluated intervention outcomes and progress of the child.
To meet the needs of our children and families, our team consisting of Early Intervention Teachers, Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Psychologists, and Social Workers aim to provide family-centred, coordinated and integrated services. We do so by engaging in frequent discussions and communication amongst team members to facilitate deeper understanding of the child and the family.
- Every child is unique and has the potential to learn
- In the holistic development of the child
- In creating a nurturing and safe environment for the child to develop, learn and play
- That each family is crucial to the child’s development. They have strengths and resources that they can tap on, and they can grow in their resilience
- Ultimately, we believe that the child, with support and guidance, will function and contribute to society in their own way
There are different programmes designed to cater to a variety of learning needs:
- EIPIC@Home (Foundational) with emphasis on participation in routines in the home setting for children from high-risk families or have medically fragile conditions
- High Needs Grant HNG (Foundational) with emphasis on 1-1 support to build better self-regulation and participation in routines
- First Steps (Foundational) with emphasis on gross motor skills, adaptive skills and parent training
- Tier 1A (Foundational) with emphasis on assisted participation in fixed routines and schedules
- Tier 1B (Foundational) with emphasis on acquiring socially appropriate behaviours
- Tier 2A (Emergent) with emphasis on functional and generative concepts/skills
- Tier 2B (Emergent) with emphasis on pre-academic concepts from kindergarten curricula
- Development Support Plus (DS-Plus) Programme (Expansion) with emphasis on generalisation of learning for mainstream inclusion for children who require low levels of support
Activities use embedded learning opportunities to sequence:
- Classroom planned activities and child-directed routines;
- Increase multiple and varied learning opportunities;
- Create functional and generative goals; and
- Provide regular feedback to the family
- Therapy services are provided on a regular basis.
Session 1 : 8.30am to 10.30am
Session 2 : 12.45pm to 2.45pm
Session 3 : 3.15pm to 5.15pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. There will be no lessons every Wednesday.
$10 to $430 (Singapore Citizen)
$20 to $1270 (Singapore PR)
Range of fee listed excludes GST and subsidies are based on household means-testing through HOMES, the Household Means Eligibility System
Fei Yue EIPIC locations
2. Bukit Batok (BB)
Address: Blk 102 Bukit Batok West Ave 6
Tel: 6250 7104
8am to 5.30pm – Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays
9am to 4pm – Wednesdays
Closed on Saturdays and Sundays
For enquiries, please contact:
Ms Katherine Kwan
Email: [email protected]