Transnational Family Support Centre
Transnational Family Support Centre started in the year 2014 when it was appointed by The Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) to worked with other agencies such as ICA and Muslim agencies to provide marital support services for transnational couples (Singaporeans marrying a non-residential foreigner).
We work together with community partners and volunteers to serve these couples through provision of marital preparation programmes, as well as workshops and social activities to help connect and build social support for the couples. Together, we work towards incurring positive life transformation couples as they embark on their new marriage journey.
- To help Singaporeans and foreign spouses prepare for the cross-cultural marriage and learn how to overcome challenges brought about by their differences in the backgrounds.
- To strengthen transnational marital relationships and increase the couple’s self-efficacy in local social resources. Transnational couples can be matched with volunteer buddies to help them become more familiar and understand the aspects of daily living in Singapore.
- To help prepare transnational couples with family life planning and in starting a family in Singapore
Our programmes include:
- Marriage Preparation Programme:
- Couples are encouraged to attend this programme before their solemnisation. This programme touches on topic such as cultural myths, roles of a spouse, conflict management, in-laws matters, etc.
- Marriage Support Programme:
- After attending Marriage Preparation Programme and went through their solemnisation, couples would then be strongly encouraged to attend the Support Programme. In this programme, couples will have greater and in-depth discussion on what they went through during Marriage Preparation Programme. Other community resources and information would also be highlighted that they could tap-on
- Friendship Programme
- Counselling services for marital issues faced by couples, as well as daily living questions foreigners may have in adjusting to life in Singapore. We also provide support for local spouses in learning to better help their foreign spouses adjust to Singapore.
- Social Activities
- Our social activities are targeted to help bring couples together and to help them form communities and support for each other. These activities would also include using fun, engagement means of introducing different aspects of the cultures both locally and internationally to the participants.
Fei Yue Community Service
Blk 281 Choa Chu Kang Ave 3
Contact No: 6769 0430
Email: [email protected]
Operating Hour: 9am – 6pm