Job Category: Therapist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Choa Chu Kang / Redhill
- Provide therapy for children presented with behavioural and emotional difficulties due to attachment injury, developmental trauma, losses, adjustment.
- Work with caregivers to equip them with knowledge and skills to support children coping with emotional stress or trauma, and to encourage and support them to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
- Develop and maintain play therapy rooms and materials.
- Document therapy sessions, progress, reviews and provide regular updates.
- Participate in case conferences, family meetings to support caseworkers and the children/parents.
- Participate in individual and group supervisions and attend team/department meetings.
- A recognised Post Graduate qualification in Play Therapy, in addition to a Degree in Social Work, Counselling, Teaching, Early Childhood Care and Education, Psychology, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Registered or eligible for registration with Association of Play Therapy (Singapore) or a recognised professional body.
- Have at least 2 years of play therapy experience working with vulnerable children and families.
- Knowledge of children’s developmental needs and developmental trauma is an advantage.
- Preferably has experience working in the social service sector.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Able to work one evening a week or weekends occasionally.
- Able to travel to both work locations to conduct play therapy.
- A team player, adaptive, independent and resourceful.
Location: Lengkok Bahru/ Choa Chu Kang